Monday, November 12, 2007

Cusco - The Beginning

I have been in Cusco for almost two days now and it's a little crazy to think that this is going to be my home for the next two years. Catherine and I received very warms welcomes from everyone. The altitude here has made me a litle quesy and lightheaded but it will pass soon. On our first day here we rested for a little while and then went to both the bakery and the girls home where we will be working. The had a mass at the bakery and we met a lot fo the girls who live there. Then we went to the girls home where they had a celebration prepared for us. All the girls did dances and sang songs and we sat at a table of honor under a sign that said welcome Meghan and Catherine. It was a lot of fun and we even did a little dancing with girls after it was over. We are trying to learn the bus system and where the grocery store is, but it's going to take a while. Our apartment is really nice and is perfect for our time here. It has all mini furniture though, which makes for some comical moments. We also visited some Incan ruins that were very interesting. Things here are a little overwhelming right now and I know it's going to take some time to adjust. Two years seems like a really long time but I am excited for all the new experiences that are going to come. Tomorrow we start Spanish classes, so that will be helpful. Hope everyone is doing well and I miss you tons!

8 comments:

Elizabeth Brachelli said...

OMG! Spanish? Lucky! I miss it a ton since Cabrini. I'm starting to forget it. So Meg, you'll have to refresh my memory for when I come to see you. My goal is to start studying now so I can keep up with you. Haha! Also, I wanted to let you know I miss you terribly and I'm always thinking about you. You're such a good person. =) Make sure to look for my stuff in the mail! I think Kat sent you the pictures. We all miss you though. Take care. I can't wait to read more of your blog...Xoxo

Jerry Zurek said...

Meg,
Welcome to Peru. So happy to hear from you. Your situation sounds great. Keep those blogs coming. I'l check out your pics soon!
JZ

Unknown said...

It sounds like a wonderful ministry and a great place for you to help other! I miss you and think of you much. Thanks for the updates...I can't wait to read more of the megster adventures! Take care!
Love you, Loo

TShee said...

I'm so glad things are going well! I'm also glad to hear that you've been keeping up with your infamous dance moves down there! Haha. I'll look forward to updates from you! Miss ya!

stacebulls said...

Yo mon! I am missing you terribly! I can't believe you are really there!!! I was talking to Liz the other day saying that it was really surreal that you will be there for TWO YEARS!!!! I know you will do AMAZING there!!

Miss You Much :')

Terrie said...

yeah Meg! You are finally there. We miss you terribly and we love you lots. Mom

Unknown said...

Meg!!! I'm so glad to hear from you! It sounds like you have been through quite an adventure. I can't wait to hear about your future days there. I was thinking about you all week. We miss you! Keep us updated! Love you!

Maria said...

i'm off to check out the pics soon! i'm sure it's amazing there.

it was great to chat with you live the other day, and don't you worry, we miss you too!
i sent you a card the day you left, so i wonder how long it will take to get to you!
love always!