Friday, September 5, 2008

A Visit From Mom

My mom came to visit the first week in August. After flight delays that got her a day later than she was supposed to arrive, we had a fabulous week together. She came with her best friend, Margot, and we toured Peru like nobody's business. We visited Incan ruins in Pisac and Ollantaytambo, the amazing Machu Picchu, and course, all the shops that we could possibly find the time for. I showed them where I worked, where everyone said we looked like sisters, and introduced them to all the girls and got to show what it is I do here everyday. They also saw my apartment, and the areas I live in. We had fun getting to know my friends, who took us all out to a yummy chicken dinner. We also toured an art museum and took a trolley tour of the city of Cusco. We had a great time catching up and spending time with each other. Everyone here loved meeting my mom, and keeps asking me when she is coming back to visit. I had a great time, as I had not seen her since last November, when I embarked on this 2-year adventure. I also really enjoyed being a tourist for a week. We stayed in really nice hotels and I got to eat all I wanted from their breakfast buffets and ate more meat in a week than I have in my entire time here. It was a really special treat, but the best part was seeing my mom and being able to spend a whole week with her.

1 comment:

Maria said...

yay! your mom and i have been in cahoots about your care package and she gave me a summary of her time with you. it sounds amazing! i'm glad you got your share of protein and some momma love that week.
miss and love like nobody's business.
<3